Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Thank You Project

Wow it's been a while since I blogged. It's been a crazy year.

I've recently started a new blog...a team project of sorts. I was hanging out at Barnes and Noble one afternoon and found a guided journal called Attitudes of Gratitude by M.J. Ryan. I decided to buy the book and make it my project to complete it. Like I said, it has been a busy year and I think when things are hectic, it is easier to get affected by negative energies--whether it's from the people around you, yourself, or just the world and what's happening in general. So, completing this journal is a great vehicle for attitude adjustment. I read once that there is no way for you to feel thankful and mad at the world at the same time. When I read the same basic idea on the first page of the journal, I knew this was a good thing.

At first I just thought of writing for myself. But then, I thought of a friend of mine who, besides being an awesome writer, is also a proponent of all things positive. He's hit some rough spots, but he always knows there's "a light at the end of the tunnel" so to speak. I asked Lance to complete the journal with me and THIS blog is the result. We're hoping to post at least one thing we're thankful for each day.

That said, I'll take another break from my personal blog...but please feel free to drop by our project and share your thoughts.

"Gratitude births only positive feelings--love, compassion, joy and hope. As we focus on what we are thankful for, negative feelings simply melt away." --M.J. Ryan

No comments: